Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come into his presence with singing. ~ Psalm 100
Each week we gather to worship God:
- we hear the Word read from the scriptures;
- we chant the Psalms and sing hymns;
- we listen to the word preached; and
- we gather around the table for the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
Cantors and choirs joyfully lead the singing of Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Our 8:15 and 9:45 a.m. choirs lead our more traditional services. They also join together to present concerts and special musical programs throughout the year and occasionally sing together in worship. Most of the choral music we present is traditional, though we also love new music. In the past, our choirs have presented such major choral works as René Clausen’s A New Creation (under the direction of the composer) and Requiem for the Living by Dan Forrest.
Our contemporary service is led by our Contemporary Band and Singers. We also have an outstanding handbell choir of 14 ringers who play throughout the year. Our children meet as part of KiDD’s Club on Wednesdays. They sing throughout the year and participate in a Christmas musical. We have presented plays and musicals such as The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and An Appalachian Christmas Pageant. We are blessed to have a number of outstanding musicians within our membership. We also bring in guest instrumentalists on special occasions.
All of the groups welcome new singers and ringers. Rehearsal schedules:
- 8:15 a.m. Choir – Rehearsals at 7 p.m., Wednesdays, Room 231
- 9:45 a.m. Choir – Rehearsals at 4 p.m., Tuesdays, Room 231
- 11:15 Contemporary Band and Singers – Rehearsals at 7 p.m., Mondays, in the Sanctuary
- Bells of Grace – Rehearsals at 6 p.m., Tuesdays, Room 235
- KiDD’s Club – Meets Wednesdays evenings, various locations